Coronavirus Service Changes
- Price discount of 15% until 31st March 2021 (VAT at 5% for tourism)
- Day boats & Holiday hire capacity reduced to 6 persons
- Dedicated outdoor reception area and full perspex screens for our indoor reception.
- Some of the boat handover procedure is now on a video
- Handover team to keep safe minimum distance
- Triple cleaning between hire customers. Antiviral spray fogging before and after a deep clean with Covid approved fluids. Duvets & pillows rested 72 hours. 60 °C laundry
- Book with confidence Coronavirus Guarantee. Move your holiday to a later date (no extra charge; or
a full no quibble refund* (terms apply)
Changes to our services
On the 8 July 2020, the Chancellor of the Exchequer provided an update on the measures HM Treasury would take to support businesses following the COVID-19 pandemic.
Included in his announcement was a VAT cut to 5% for the tourism and hospitality sectors for a 6 month period and then extended (15 July 2020 to 30th March 2021) Our prices have been updated accordingly.
Earlier this month, British Marine secured a welcome win for the holiday hire boat sector as HMRC confirmed that the temporary reduction to 5% for holiday accommodation does apply to those hiring out boats (inland and coastal) which are to be used for holiday accommodation.
If you book and pay in full for your 2021 holiday by 30th March you will beat the 15% VAT price increase as we are a cash accounting business.
Day Boat Hire – Capacity 6
You can hire self-drive boats or charter a bareboat for the day only. You should follow government advice on size of group when making a booking. From 14th September 2020 the government are introducing the rule of 6. Therefore our day boat capacity has been reduced to 6 persons from this date. If you have a booking that is affected by this rule change you have been emailed on 10th September.
Holidays – Capacity 6
We are open for holidays for a maximum of 6 persons per boat.
You can stay on board your boat and holiday as normal. The office opened this morning with strict social distancing and a one customer in at a time policy.
Mooring customers in person between the following hours
Monday 11am – 1pm
Tuesday 11am – 4pm
Wednesday 11am – 4pm
Thursday 11am – 4pm
Friday 11am – 1pm
Saturday 11am – 3pm
Sunday 11am – 2.00pm
Health & Safety
- What we are doing to make your holiday and day trips COVID-19 safe & secure.
- We have a dedicated out door reception area where our staff will be able to assist the skipper and a member of the crew.
- Some of our handover procedure is now on a video to minimise staff contact in a close environment.
- Our handover team will keep personal contact with you to a safe minimum distance.
- Boats are triple cleaned between customers, by fogging with an antiviral spray, cleaning with covid approved cleaning fluids and fogging again.
- Duvets and pillows are rested for at least 72 hours between use.
- Our laundry is washed at 60°C and roll pressed.
- We want you to be assured that we are doing all that we can for you to have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Book with Confidence – Coronavirus Guarantee Options*
We all need something to look forward to in these uncertain times. That is why we are offering a Coronavirus Guarantee. If you are not able to go on your boating holiday due to current UK Government Advice 7 days before your booking you can contact us to:
- Move your holiday to a later date with no amendment charge; or
- Have a full no quibble refund if UK Government advice prohibits you from taking your holiday.
If your holiday is cancelled due to UK Government advice email email@example.com, or write to the booking office, giving us your booking reference number and travel date, and your options are:
1) Date transfer
Transfer your booking to a future date in 2021 (If the price of your new holiday is more than 10% higher than the original one you will need to pay the difference at the time of booking.
2) Money transfer
If you do not know your dates, we can transfer your money into a secure client account until you are ready to book.
3) Cancel with full refund
Cancel your booking and receive a full refund (If Government advice prohibits you from taking your holiday).
Terms and Conditions
1) The guarantee applies to holidays due to be taken during the period covered by current UK Government advice plus seven days.
2) This guarantee applies to the SARS-CoV-2 / Covid19 strain of Coronavirus.
3) All other terms and conditions are unchanged.
4) We strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance for all other risks.
5) If the price of your new holiday is more than 10% higher than the original one you will need to pay the difference at the time of booking.
6) The Coronavirus Guarantee applies due to holidays due take place from May 1st 2020 to October 5th 2021.
7) Refunds will be made within 7 days of the holiday start date.