Coronavirus Service Changes (Covid 19)
- Price discount of 7.5% until 1st April 2022 (VAT at 12.5% for holidays). You could pay more than advertised prices. Learn more
- Day boat capacity – no restrictions on passenger numbers
- Dedicated outdoor reception area and full perspex screens for our indoor reception.
- Some of the boat handover procedure is now on a video
- Handover team to keep safe minimum distance
- Triple cleaning between hire customers. Antiviral spray fogging before and after a deep clean with Covid approved fluids. 60 °C laundry
- Book with confidence Coronavirus Guarantee. Move your holiday to a later date with no ammendment charge
- Have a full no quibble refund if UK Government advice prohibits you from taking your holiday
If you book and pay in full for your 2022 holiday by 1st April 2022 you will beat the 7.5% VAT price increase as we are a cash accounting business. Only applies to holiday boats not day hire boats.
Day Boat Hire
You can hire self-drive boats or charter a bareboat for the day only. You should follow government advice on size of group when making a booking.
We are now open for holidays with no restrictions on party size.
You are now freely allowed to travel on your boat observing covid procedures as listed below
The office is now open in person we are for now keeping the 2 customer rule and are asking you to wear a mask to help us protect you.
Please watch this space for further updates.
Health & Safety
- What we are doing to make your holiday and day trips COVID-19 safe & secure.
- We have a dedicated out door reception area where our staff will be able to assist the skipper and a member of the crew.
- Some of our handover procedure is now on a video to minimise staff contact in a close environment.
- Our handover team will keep personal contact with you to a safe minimum distance.
- Boats are triple cleaned between customers, by fogging with an antiviral spray, cleaning with covid approved cleaning fluids and fogging again.
- Our laundry is washed at 60°C and roll pressed.
- We want you to be assured that we are doing all that we can for you to have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Fox Narrowboats Coronavirus Guarantee 2022
If you are unable to go on your boating holiday / day hire due to changes in UK Government Regulations, or if you or a member of your crew6 is required by UK Government Regulations to self-isolate you can:
· Move your holiday / day hire to a later date with no amendment charge (5)
· Have a full no quibble refund if UK Government Regulations prohibit you from taking your holiday / day hire
If you are unable to take your holiday / day hire under the terms of our Coronavirus Guarantee, please call our reception in the first instance, then after discussing your options please follow up with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your intentions.
If you wish to move your holiday / day hire to a later date, but do not know when, your money will be held in our secure client account until your booking transfer is made.
Terms and Conditions
1. The guarantee applies to holidays due to be taken during the period covered by current UK Government Regulations
2. This guarantee applies to the SARS-CoV-2 / Covid19 strain of Coronavirus.
3. All other terms and conditions are unchanged.
4. We strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancelation insurance for all other risks.
5. If you choose to move your holiday / day hire to another date there is no amendment charge, however if the cost of the new date of your holiday / day hire is more expensive you will be required to pay the difference at the time of transferring your booking.
6. This guarantee only applies to members of your crew whose names have been listed on the crew registration at the time of original booking. You may be required to provide proof of a positive test or requirement to self-isolate.
7. The Coronavirus Guarantee applies to holidays due to take place up to and including September 30th 2022.
Government VAT Announcement
On the 8 July 2020, the Chancellor of the Exchequer provided an update on the measures HM Treasury would take to support businesses following the COVID-19 pandemic.
Included in his announcement was a VAT cut to 5% for the tourism and hospitality sectors for a 6 month period and then extended (15 July 2020 to 30th September 2021). The VAT rate was changed again on the 1st October 2021. Our prices have been updated accordingly.
British Marine secured a welcome win for the holiday hire boat sector as HMRC confirmed that the temporary reduction to 5% for holiday accommodation does apply to those hiring out boats (inland and coastal) which are to be used for holiday accommodation.